The second half of our Easter long weekend was spent at my in-law’s new-to-them place in Garden City, SC {which is south of Myrtle}. Jason & I arrived there around 11a, unpacked, & checked out the place.

We got in the car for a quick drive over to Murrell’s Inlet. The ILs have become regulars at the Dead Dog Saloon. We sat outside on the water & their regular waiter, Jason, took great care of us. Cold beer {Magic Hat then Bed Select 55 for me} with a blackened fish sandwich. Look at this view~ how awesome right?! Life doesn’t get much better! We thought the place was awesome & the food great. I couldn’t resist getting one of their pink koozies.

After our leisurely lunch, we walked along the boardwalk. The restaurant next door looked cool too. Might want to try it next time. The island I zoomed in on below is called Goat Island. There’s wild goats & peacocks who live there. Random right? I just wondered how they got there! But they seemed happy, so that’s cool.

We drove around Garden City before heading back to their community. The four of us jumped on their new golf cart & took a tour around their new neighborhood. I woke up from a little nap, hearing Beth & Jason talking about the birds outside.

Bill grabbed a loaf of bread & to the back yard we went. We perched on the picnic table & admired the momma goose on her nest {Dad was near by in the pond making sure other birds didn’t get too close}.

A family of ducks {with 6 babies} swam near by & walked along looking for food.

Turtles crawled out of the pond/canal to pick up the bread that hadn’t made its way to the birds {Jason & Bill weren’t always the best throwers}.

Later that afternoon, the ILs & I took another golf cart ride. This time we discovered a swan family. The parents were huge. I didn’t have my DSLR but after cropping & zooming you can kinda see just how cool & beautiful they were.

Oh & Mr & Mrs Goose were taking a swim. Turtles {or something} was bothering them in the water so back to the nest Mrs G went & Mr kept watch.

We ended the night with dinner at Texas Roadhouse, followed by NBA playoffs & reading. The night morning, Jason & his mom ran a few errands & fixed her computer while I slept in. We went to their around-the-corner pancake house {yep, they’re regulars there too!} for eggs & pancakes. Sufficiently stuffed, Jason & I packed up, mapped out our trip & headed home {we got lost a little on back roads but still made it home in less than 4 hours}. We’re both looking forward to our next beach trip soon!